- Katie’s home! Our summer began on July 13th, when all four children finished the school year. We started our summer by spending a day together in Nairobi seeing “Spider Man” and eating at Java House, our favorite restaurant! Then we headed for The Hill via the famous Maasai Mara Game Reserve for a mini-safari. Though the animals were scarce at that time, we were so glad to be back together again as a family!
- Visitors! Five days into summer our first visitors arrived. We’ve had a revolving door at the Hill with various teams coming and going over the last 6 weeks. We have enjoyed every moment reconnecting with family and friends and watching them fall in love with the Kenyan people we serve and love.
- New Oasis Sites! Over the course of the summer, we’ve been able to visit every potential new Oasis site and spend time with the leaders and children from each place. We are more excited than ever to see these dreams become reality and are working diligently to lay the groundwork for this.
|Rick with kids from The Bush|
- EPIC Planning! This year, the Oasis Year End Benefit will be entitled EPIC. Oasis kids will tell an epic story, complete with heroes who have participate in their rescue. Through this event, we eagerly anticipate sharing with you what God is doing here in Kenya! Rick and I will be in Grayslake for the benefit and would love to see you! If you live in the Chicago area, mark your calendar for the evening of Sunday, December 2 at the Chapel in Grayslake. Oasis will also be hosting many living room EPIC events all over the country. If you are interested in attending or hosting a EPIC event in your area, please contact Ann. email@example.com.
- Moving to Kijabe! Our kids have been praying for months that our house in Kijabe would open up early so we could begin getting things moved there and start meeting people. Miraculously, the house opened up on August 3rd and though we only spent a few nights there, it was fun to meet our new neighbors and begin to get things settled! We are excited about this new opportunity God has placed in front of us and the potential it brings to rescue and develop more orphans. Rick has begun teaching two classes at Moffat Bible College. His schedule worked out wonderfully and he is teaching Tuesday afternoons and Wednesday mornings, which allows him ample time to continue working on Oasis tasks and he is loving teaching!